How You Can Help
Our Call to Action: What can you do to produce less trash?
- Think about what you buy and what you throw away.
- Buy sustainable, recycled, organic, or re-purposed products.
- Say no to extra packaging – only buy products with packages you can reuse, recycle, or compost.
- Take reusable bags and water bottles.
- Use cloth napkins, dishcloths or rags rather than paper napkins and paper towels.
- Drink draft beer or fountain sodas rather than bottled or canned products.
- Use real silverware and real cups.
- Save money by eating all your leftovers rather than feeding your extra food to landfills.
- Buy vintage fashions; swap your clothes with friends; only buy quality materials and timeless fashions; mix and match older styles with the latest trend to create a whole new look!
- Teach your kids the old adage “Waste not, want not” and “One man or woman’s trash is another man or woman’s treasure” and then lead by example.
- Establish and share best practices, videos and photos with fellow challengers on Facebook, Twitter and Google+.
- Save money by purchasing only what you need and create a tangible financial impact on your wallet.
- Design consciously by reusing leftover wood or materials, repainting or reconfiguring cupboards or fixtures, recovering furniture with sustainable textiles, instead of throwing that perfectly good sofa or chair in the dumpster.
- Use tools to measure your % of recyclables, % of compostables and % of trash to landfills.
- Go dumpster diving and find hidden treasures: now you’re really king of the heap!
- Create partnerships by trading out your furniture, fixtures or office equipment with with schools or non-profit organizations that can reuse or repurpose them. Don’t throw anything away.
- Build internal corporate policies that go beyond diversion and recycling.
- Train employees on how to reduce their trash; build the team and crown the leaders.
- Have some fun. Get your friends and family to compete: the one who uses the least trash wins!
- Sign up! Join us for Trash On Your Back and learn what’s your trash impact.
Make it your goal to send zero waste to landfills.
low georgetown 11s low georgetown 11s adidas yeezy 750 boost jordan 11 low georgetown jordan 11 low georgetown metallic silver 5s low georgetown 11s jordan 11 low bred jordan 11 low georgetown low georgetown 11s jordan 11 low georgetown low georgetown 11s low georgetown 11s jordan 11 low georgetown jordan 11 low georgetown metallic silver 5s low bred 11s jordan 13 low hornets low georgetown 11s jordan 5 metallic silver
louboutin sale nike air max nike roshe run femme louboutin shoes christian louboutin uk nike air max 1 essential michael kors outlet air max 90 pas cher free run 2.0 air max one pas cher nike free run 5.0 michael kors outlet michael kors outlet louboutin sale air max nike rosh run pas cher roshe run bleu michael kors outlet uk nike roshe run femme air max pas cher